Notice CP49

The IRS uses Notice CP49 to inform you they have taken your refund to be applied to other taxes. This may be a surprise to many people who weren’t aware of the problem or its effects. It is obvious the IRS believes you owe the taxes. Yet, often no tax is due.

Your problem can be resolved in several different ways, depending on the facts.  So, it is important to investigate your specific case before reacting! You need to get the IRS file & compare it to your records. You could call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and order your Account Transcripts which will tell you what is happening with your IRS file. But, avoid talking to IRS Collections – you’re not ready for them yet.

If you owe other taxes an Action Plan needs to be devised to help you escape the liability. We’ll review the Account Transcripts & your records to construct a direct plan to eliminate or reduce the debt.

If your refund was taken because of the debt of a spouse or ex-spouse, you might file for Innocent Spouse relief or for a state divorce court adjustment, if appropriate.

To prevent any further refunds from being seized make sure you don’t overpay your current taxes by adjusting your Form W-4 with your employer.

TaxHelpLaw repairs the old and new taxes to get refunds when due! Please follow the IRS Notice CP-49 Prep Steps and see Mr. Hopkins in Pueblo, Denver or Colorado Springs before proceeding! - What does IRS Notice CP49 look like? CP 49 Frequently Asked Questions FAQs:  Why did I receive this notice?  What do I need to do?  If you don't agree that the offset amount was correct because the overpayment amount was incorrect, call  J David Hopkins in Colorado Springs at 719 232 2587, 719 250 0729 in Pueblo or Denver at 303 829 4357!!

IRS Notice CP49